Employment v Self-Employment and the Gig Economy
The question of whether someone is employed or self-employed is still an area where HMRC is doing significant levels of compliance work and where many businesses believe they can choose what status they have. In this course we will consider the factors which determine status, focusing on changes to IR35 and the application of the rules to the gig economy.
The course will cover:
- The legal and practical aspects of determining status
- A review of relevant case law
- The application of the rules in gig economy cases
- Potential changes to the rules relating to IR35 from 2020 and what clients need to do
- Who pays the tax if there is a dispute and how can clients be protected
CPD Hours - 3
New credit option for 2020
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.