Stamp Duty Land Tax- Refresher and Update
SDLT is often an area that is left to lawyers to deal with but it is important to understand the basic provisions when advising clients so that you do not inadvertently create a liability. There are certain key areas which need to be understood. In this course, we will review the basics of SDLT and then consider the common problem areas.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to the basics of SDLT
- When the higher rates of SDLT might apply and how they can be avoided
- Partnership SDLT
- Reliefs available and how they can be claimed
- Current compliance initiatives and the new 2% supplement for non-residents
- Comparison of Scotland's LBTT, Wales' LTT and SDLT
We offer a range of solutions to meet your training needs. To discuss your memberships or bespoke packages needs contact us on 0330 058 7141 or email us.