Groups - Audit Issues
This course will explore issues relating to the audit of group accounts ensuring that practitioners are aware of and the legal and regulatory matters which arise.
Content will include:
- Company law requirements for group audits
- Guarantees from parent undertaking to exempt a subsidiary from an audit
- Planning issues – scope, materiality, components
- The audit process – documentation, logistics, budgets, working papers and timetables
- Auditing the consolidation - group-wide controls, consolidation adjustments, different accounting policies
- Communication matters
- Group audit instructions
- Between group auditor and auditors of components
- The use of questionnaires
- With those charged with governance
- Components and other auditors – significance, competence and independence, review of working papers, and audit reports
- Reporting issues
- Other issues including subsequent events, representation letters, non-coterminous year ends, the use of shared services, service centres and letterbox companies
The above content relates to 2021 events only.
We offer a range of solutions to meet your training needs. To discuss your memberships or bespoke packages needs contact us on 0330 058 7141 or email us.