Preparing and Finalising Accounts
The course is intended to build on basic bookkeeping knowledge. It deals with common accounting adjustments and the process of performing the final review of the accounts.
This session revolves around a case study where participants will develop skills in:
- Preparing working papers and control accounts for a partnership client
- Interpreting draft accounts, including identification of problem areas
- Identifying questions to raise with the client
- Establishing journal entries that may be required to finalise a set of accounts
- Completing a sense check of the accounts
Please note that this course works on a set of basis partnership accounts – Limited company accounts are covered in Understanding Company Accounts and Accounts finalisation and Interviewing Skills.
Who should attend:
This module is part of the Early Careers Year 1 programme.
The content for Online courses predating 2024 may vary.
Who should take the course
The course is suitable for anyone who has knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and has been involved in accounts preparation assignments for between 3 and 9 months.
We offer a range of solutions to meet your training needs. To discuss your memberships or bespoke packages needs contact us on 0330 058 7141 or email us.