Practical Auditing Problems
While many areas of audit fieldwork are routine, this course will cover the common weaknesses encountered in more complex or unusual cases as well as the methods and techniques to be employed to prove particular assertions.
The course consists of a mixture of formal lecturing, case studies and discussions designed to highlight a range of common problem audit areas such as:
- Causes of inefficiency within audit fieldwork
- Demonstrating professional scepticism
- Fixed assets (including intangible, investments and impairment reviews)
- Stock and work in progress
- Income recognition and completeness of income testing
- Related party transactions and directors' benefits
- Laws and regulations
- Going concern and subsequent events
The online version of this course is an interactive workshop.
Who should take the course
The course will be suitable for audit assistants and seniors who have responsibility for preparing audit files up to manager review stage, and will generally be appropriate for those who have completed between 12 and 36 months audit experience.
We offer a range of solutions to meet your training needs. To discuss your memberships or bespoke packages needs contact us on 0330 058 7141 or email us.