Tax Issues for Charities
The aim of the course is for delegates to understand when and how charities can be liable to direct tax and how donations qualify for Gift Aid and other tax reliefs.
This course will cover the key points concerning:
- The definition of a charity for tax purposes
- The direct taxation exemptions for income of charities
- The effect of non-charitable expenditure
- How income from trading and fund-raising events by charities is taxed and how tax can be avoided in a manner acceptable to HMRC
- Direct taxation principles pertaining to the various types of income of charities
- The tainted donation rules
- Gift Aid rules including documentation and the problem of benefits
- Gift Aid Small Donations scheme for small cash donations
- Other donations to charity and the tax consequences for donor and donee
New credit option for 2020
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.