Residential Property - IHT
This course will focus on the inheritance aspects of both lifetime and death planning on the family home. A secondary focus will be to consider IHT aspects of investment residential property including property used for furnished holiday lettings.
Content will include:
- Lifetime planning issues
- General planning techniques
- The Gift with Reservation pitfall
- Pre-owned assets
- Death planning matters
- The residence nil rate band including downsizing
- Other death planning with the family home including trusts
- Planning with other residential property
- Jointly owned assets
- The BPR problem
- Non-UK domiciles
- UK residential property
- Recent developments or points of interest
This session forms one of a three part series which will consider taxation aspects of residential property for the individual. Each part can be used as a standalone session.
Click on the following to see the other sessions:
The above content relates to 2021 events only.
We offer a range of solutions to meet your training needs. To discuss your memberships or bespoke packages needs contact us on 0330 058 7141 or email us.