In 2020, 96% of consumers increased their online video consumption, and 9 out of 10 viewers said that they wanted to see more videos from brands and businesses. In fact, as of 2021, an average person is predicted to spend 100 minutes of their day watching online videos.
Scrolling through content online is becoming more of normal day-to-day activity than reading a newspaper or even visiting a website. By 2022 it’s predicted that online videos will make up more than 82% of consumer traffic – 15 times higher than it was in 2017. The world we live in today is becoming more and more time-pressured, meaning people don’t have time to consume lengthy amounts of text, and we demand instant information to our answers at a keystroke; video marketing is a tool that is utilised to keep our viewers engaged. The average amount of time dwelling on text is around 3 seconds, Google states this increases to 3 minutes with the right video content, boosting your conversion rate and search rankings on Google.
How and why should I incorporate videos into my marketing strategy?
- Video marketing is a tool that can be used in many ways to attract new clients and engage existing clients
Create promotional videos to showcase your firm and attract new clients, educational videos to inform your clients around relevant topics, and even videos displaying the variety of services you can offer.
- Videos can be used across a variety of platforms
Display your videos across screens in your office to give that professional & modern edge, add videos to your social media platform to engage with your clients and get the conversation going, including videos on your website and enhance your online presence making it easier for new clients to find you, you can even spice up your blogs and marketing emails by including videos rather than a large amount of text.
- Increase SEO performance
Statistics show that having a promotional video on your homepage converts at least 20% more of your visitors to clients. Want your website to appear on the #1 page in Google and other search engines, well it’s 53% more likely to if you have a video on your home page.
In an industry with thousands of competitors, now is a better time than ever to separate yourself from the competition and show the real value of your firm. The accountancy profession is built on relationships, if clients can get a real feel for your company and like what they see they will be more inclined to give you a call.
The great news is if you have not thought about video marketing before it’s not too late and it doesn’t need to cost the earth! At Mercia our Corporate Videos and Topical Videos, personalised with your branding are here to help grow your firm with the next step into the digital world.
Our top tips for Video Marketing:
- Showcase the value of your firm with a short promotional video to define your brand.
- Most people prefer a mixture of visuals and text when taking in information utilise this in your marketing videos.
- If you have included video on your website homepage, then add a Call To Action (CTA) button below the video such as “Let Me Save Your Tax” or “Consult For A Profitable Business”. Statistics tell that after watching a promotional video, viewers are 85% more likely in the mood for a purchase.
- Keep your clients up to date with topical and technical information in an engaging format by creating videos specific to key topics.
- Increase your presence online by sharing video content on your social media platforms, if you need any assistance with your socials please take a look at the social media packages we offer here.