In our modern age, businesses need to embrace digital marketing in order to properly promote their services and products. Accounting firms should strive to market their services on a modern and informative website, which serves as an online 'shop front' for the business.
Additionally, accounting firms should consider their social media marketing strategy - how effective are your marketing emails? Are you promoting the right services and products at the right times?
This blog post takes a look at effective digital marketing strategies that accounting firms can implement into their own marketing plans.
- Accountants are encouraged to consider using digital ways of promoting their products and services rather than more traditional methods. Most businesses make use of multiple forms of marketing, including strategic digital strategies. A business owner should consider how best to engage with their target market.
- There are four types of online and email marketing that accountants can use: content marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), search engine marketing and social media marketing.
- Your accountancy firm should aim to generate content that your audience, including potential clients, will enjoy. This can be achieved by creating interesting blog posts and informative stories on topical tax issues as part of your digital strategy.
- Social media posts on a social platform also play an important role in successful marketing plans. Digital marketing for accountants can help propel a firm into the modern age. Create content that promotes your services as well as provides insights into tax and business topics.
- Try to provide value rather than just creating leads. Attract current clients to your posts as well as potential clients. Ensure you use the correct jargon and relevant keywords in order to draw in as large an audience as possible.
- Make effective use of an attractive and up to date website to help achieve your marketing goals and tick the internet marketing box. Ensure that it is mobile friendly and therefore easy to view.
On this page:
What is digital marketing for accountants?
Digital marketing for accountants includes a range of strategies and marketing techniques to promote your company online. Successful digital marketing strategies are those that generate leads and attract potential customers to the accounting firm's website.
Generating leads is crucial - the better your digital marketing strategy, the more leads you're likely to generate.
Over the years, those in the accounting profession have been moving slowly away from more traditional ways of accountancy marketing to digital and online methods. Marketing for accounting firms has rightly moved with the times, and this can only help firms to promote their services.
What is a digital marketing strategy?
A digital marketing strategy is a clearly defined plan created by a business that aims to achieve specific goals.
Many accounting firms are already using digital marketing strategies to great effect: they promote new services and products, offer interesting insights and communicate brand values.
Your firm may also wish to incorporate paid advertising into your marketing plan.
Tools such as Google ads and paid ads will help to promote your accounting practice to new clients and boost your number of website visitors.
What are the four types of digital marketing?
The four types of digital marketing are content marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), search engine marketing and social media marketing.
Small businesses may wish to combine the four types in order to cover all bases and achieve the best results.
Marketing Strategy 1. Creating content that your audience will love
Interesting and engaging content helps your accounting firm to stand out amongst others.
Blog posts and news stories on relevant and topical subjects help to keep your website fresh and, when used correctly, push your site higher up SEO rankings.
Search engine results always favour content that contains relevant keywords and phrases.
Consider using Google Analytics to monitor how well your content scores with your target audience.
New customers are likely to come across your firm on search engines, and a key aim is to be on the first page of search results.
Marketing Strategy 2. Identify relevant content for social media marketing
In this digital age, everyone utilises social media platforms, whether in their professional life or their personal life, and having a presence online can be crucial in promoting your products and services.
Digital marketing via social media is crucial: well targeted and timed posts and tweets can help boost your online presence and position your accounting firm as a thought leader on a specific subject or issue.
Posts on social media networks such as Twitter and LinkedIn often serve as great lead generation and help to promote your firm as up to date and in the know.
You may wish to create infographics and images to post on your social media feeds - utilising effective web design can help make these eye catching.
Make use of multiple channels on social media. Use your social media pages to communicate your brand identity and message: keep posts consistent and try to schedule them to be sent when your followers are most active.
When composing tweets and posts, consider your target audience and vary content between the promotion of your products and services and the sharing of topical issues within the world of tax and tax law. Also consider offering potential clients a free consultation - this may draw individuals in.
Social media is a key part of a good content strategy, and it proves to be very cost effective. The higher your social media presence and your engagement with your followers, the more likely your firm and brand image are to be memorable to potential accounting clients.
Marketing Strategy 3. Focus on providing value rather than leads
Whilst leads are important for any business, existing clients also want value from their accountant. Interact with your clients and come up with new content ideas - answer people's questions and share your knowledge.
You may wish to create videos as part of your marketing campaigns and provide information on your accounting services in a more visual format. Always aim to keep your audience and prospective clients engaged, so don't make videos too long or too short!
Always keep your marketing budget in mind and make sure to earmark a portion for online marketing.
Putting an effective digital marketing strategy into place is vital for reaching your target market, attracting new clients and raising brand awareness. Accountancy firms are encouraged to consider their current marketing strategies and marketing tactics and whether they attract clients and achieve their aims.
Mercia can help you effectively advertise your firm's services via a range of digital marketing services, including social media marketing, a unique and informative Taxapp, video marketing and through the use of personalised websites. To find out more, please visit our website.