Company Law - Something, Somewhere in the Companies Act
From time to time practitioners and accountants in industry and commerce come across company law issues which cause them to remember that there is something, somewhere in the Companies Act 2006 that deals with the matter in question.
This course deals with such matters. The areas covered go beyond the routine accounts preparation and auditing requirements. The course represents a refresher of issues which indeed crop up from time to time.
Content will include:
- Directors – including who they are, corporate directors, numbers, appointment/removal, duties, member approval, liabilities and addresses
- Shareholders – including payment for shares, meetings and resolutions, PSC, minority protection/derivative actions, class rights, ABC shares, variation of class rights, pre-emption rights
- Financial – including share premiums, dividends, reduction of share capital, purchase and redemption of shares, financial assistance
- Auditors – including appointment, signatures, cessation, access to working papers and limited liability agreements
- Procedural – including memorandum and articles, company names, changing from public to private and vice versa, registers, electronic filing, SAIL, strike off and hive ups
The above content relates to 2021 events only.
We offer a range of solutions to meet your training needs. To discuss your memberships or bespoke packages needs contact us on 0330 058 7141 or email us.