Accounting and Compliance for OMBs - Problems and Practical Solutions
Preparers of UK GAAP accounts, whether under full FRS 102, FRS 102(1A) for small entities or FRS 105 for micro-entities, need to know how to tackle the most common issues that arise in practice. This course focuses on practical issues using case studies, real-world examples and sample disclosures to illustrate how these should be dealt with.
The course content will reflect emerging issues but is likely to cover topics including:
- Size and audit exemption
- Charity size and audit issues
- Accounting policies – how much is too much
- PPE – initial recognition including component accounting, estimating useful life and residual value
- Investment properties – how to present fair value changes, dealing with transfers and mixed-use property and deferred tax
- Intangibles and goodwill – how to approach recognition and amortisation
- Accounting for R&D tax claims
- Financial instruments, including loans, investments and share-based payments
- Presentation and disclosure issues under FRS 102 and FRS 102(1A)
- Revenue recognition
- Micro-entity (FRS 105) accounting and disclosure, with a comparison to FRS 102(1A)
- Use of true and fair override and extra disclosure needed in certain areas
- Filing issues
We will also be running an online key points version of this course - click here for further details.
The above content relates to 2021 events only.
We offer a range of solutions to meet your training needs. To discuss your memberships or bespoke packages needs contact us on 0330 058 7141 or email us.