The Effective Use of Business Tax Losses
The course provides explanations of how business loss reliefs are used and the factors which may affect their optimum use.
The scope includes both trading and investment (property) business aspects for the individual and the unincorporated business and numerous practical examples will be included.
This course will include:
- Factors to consider when using loss reliefs for individuals
- Review of the options for trading losses for an established, new and closing business
- Trading losses and Class 4 NIC
- Change of accounting date and loss planning
- Impact of cap on unlimited income tax reliefs
- Overview of anti- avoidance affecting sideways trading loss relief
- Relief for capital gains
- Review of property business loss reliefs
- Share loss relief
- Tax case law - typical challenge areas
The course does NOT include company losses. Please click here for Company Tax Losses - Getting it Right
The above content relates to 2021 events only.
We offer a range of solutions to meet your training needs. To discuss your memberships or bespoke packages needs contact us on 0330 058 7141 or email us.