Employment v Self-employment and the Gig Economy - Key Points
The question of whether someone is employed or self-employed is still an area where HMRC is doing significant levels of compliance work and where many businesses believe they can choose what status they have. In this course we will consider the factors which determine status, focusing on changes to IR35 and the application of the rules to the gig economy.
This course will cover the key points concerning:
• The legal and practical aspects of determining status
• A review of relevant case law
• The application of the rules in IR35 and gig economy cases
• Potential changes to the rules
• Who pays the tax if there is a dispute and how can clients be protected
New credit option for 2019
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.