Course IV (Audit Planning and Completion- PROAUDIT)
To explain how audits should be planned and completed. The requirements of the relevant ISAs will be explained, and explanations given of the best ways to approach the various issues.
To look at the issue of client communication, particularly by letter. How best to communicate will be considered, and the required elements of the various audit letters will be discussed.
The training involves practical case studies, using an example client during the first two days of the course.
Days 1 & 2
- Audit pre-planning – taking on new clients, independence & ethical issues.
- Audit planning - understanding the client and identifying risks. Performing preliminary analytical review, determining materiality, considering fraud.
- Assessing risk, and designing an audit programme that responds to the risks.
- Budgeting and writing a planning memorandum.
- Planning the audit of a group.
- Reconsidering the audit plan – use of controls testing or substantive analytical review as part of the audit approach.
- Using the work of others.
- Audit completion – audit highlights memorandum, final analytical review.
- Audit completion – ensuring that the file is complete and all matters have been resolved.
- Preparing for clearance meetings, client communication including management letters and letters of representation).
- Completing the audit of a group.
** - ProAudit version – all days will use example ProAudit files and an example client to illustrate the various points, and the practical exercises and case studies will be performed on-screen using example data.
New credit option for 2019
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.