We are looking for a Student Course Lecturer in the field of Tax and General Practice. Do you enjoy understanding and explaining detailed technical requirements impacting on an accountancy practice and putting them into a way that delegates can understand? This is the perfect role for you. This position is home based with occasional UK travel.
Why do we want you?
We want you because you are a Qualified Accountant or you have technical training experience and are looking for a move out of practice into something a bit different.
A bit about us.
Mercia Group is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide.
Main Purpose of Role
We are looking for an individual to provide high quality, technically accurate and practical training to firms of all sizes. This will be via online web meetings, at public venues and also at client’s premises.
This role is aimed at training junior team members within accountancy firms, so the successful applicant must be able to teach new concepts to a range of group sizes in a patient and engaging way.
The role will involve:
- Presenting student level courses on national face-to-face, online and in-house course programmes
- Keeping up to date with latest technical changes across a wide range of subjects
- Writing and developing technical yet practical course materials for use on face-to-face and online events.
- Influence over course content.
The role will be home based, unless there is a preference to work at one of the group’s offices when not at clients. However there is expected to be a considerable amount of UK travel.
There is also the opportunity to get involved in other areas of Mercia’s products and services (such as writing and file reviewing). So if you are interested in a varied role, please come and talk to us.
Skills and Experience Required
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
We know it’s not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role’s location by the start of their employment.
Skills needed for the role:
- Qualified or those who have other relevant experience
- Good experience of UK tax rules
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to explain this in a way which is easy for others to understand
- Hands on or management experience within a professional practice
- Enthusiastic self-starter and team player with a desire to help others
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Skills that are desirable:
- Technical and practical knowledge of non-audit regulations that impact on firm’s in practice. For example, DPB, Practice Assurance, Probate, AML and Clients’ Money.Apply Here