We are looking for an enthusiastic Key Account Manager (KAM) that worked within a regulated professional services environment such as Accountancy, Legal or Higher Education. This role is home based with some national travel as needed.
Why do we want you?
You are an experienced Key Account Manager (KAM) who has worked within a regulated professional services environment such as Accountancy, Legal or Higher Education and who is looking for a totally autonomous sales role with a growing professional services organisation, where you are given access to ongoing training and CPD across all aspects of professional selling.
You are naturally curious and are passionate about demonstrating your gravitas and credibility to customers in order to develop trust and rapport. You are also highly competent and experienced when it comes to face to face B2B solution selling and you enjoy achieving a win/win for both your client and our business.
A bit about us.
Mercia Group is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide.
Main Purpose of Role
Due to expansion Mercia Group is looking for a Key Account Manager to join their professional, friendly and focused sales team.
As a KAM your role will be to work closely with one of our most important and commercially vital client segments from within the top 100 accountancy firms in the UK.
You will pro-actively contact your clients in response to our marketing activities, provide them with advice and guidance, and protect and grow their relationship and spend with our business.
You will be part of a team that is driven to achieve high levels and standards of client retention predominantly through cross selling to your allocated client base and targeting clients who currently don't work with us at all. You will also be responsible for the renewals that sit in your territory. A key element of the role is to ensure that you are as close as you can be to your clients' businesses at all times and can share insights and ideas to help solve their current business needs and anticipate new ones.
You will need to stay up to date with changes in the Accountancy, Audit and Tax industry and have an awareness of how these will impact your client portfolio.
The role is home-based with travel across your regional area and regular internal meetings will take place at our offices in Leicester and London. You will have access to ongoing training and CPD across all aspects of professional selling.
Skills and Experience Required
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
We know it’s not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role’s location by the start of their employment.
You will also need:
- Experience in the same or similar role
- Key account management experience with face to face B2B solution selling to clients within a regulated industry such as accountancy, legal services or education.
- Commercial maturity and awareness, naturally curious and 100% passionate about demonstrating your credibility in achieving a win/win for your client and our business.
- Demonstrable relationship and stakeholder engagement and management experience both externally and internally
- The ability to explore, co-create and implement solutions for clients that contribute toward their desired commercial and people outcomes.
- An effective time manager to ensure you can activity targets within your key client territory.
- Experienced at chairing face to face meetings with clients but equally able to engage via digital meeting software such as Zoom and MS Teams.
- Experienced at updating CRM records of client contact and proposal delivery.
You need to be the kind of person who …
- Is skilled in solution sales engagement with professional services industries
- Has advanced verbal communication skills (relating to all kinds of people, building effective relationships, using diplomacy and tact)
- Has good written communication skills
- Is a proficient user of IT: word, excel, outlook, Internet, database
- Is able to build rapport, set and agree actions, follow up, influence, provide written quotes / proposals, and close an opportunity with a customer and/or prospect
- Loves planning – setting objectives and goals, evaluating results, anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks
- Has great self-motivation
- Is an effective team player and builds positive relationships with managers, peers and colleagues
- Loves to learn – both knowledge and skills
- Is a creative question-asker and a solution-finder
- Is able to work in a fast paced, fun and progressive environment
- Enjoys a challenge – we work hard, and it can be a steep learning curveApply Here